Introduction to Radar
Foreign operations in Brazil count with a system that integrates registration, control and follow-up of all imports and exports in the country. Know how to regularize your external commerce in Brazil by getting a Radar license.
What is Radar?
RADAR stands for Ambiente de Registro e Rastreamento de Atuação do Intervenientes Aduaneiros (Ambient of Registration and Tracking of Activities of the Customs Agents). Before starting any import or export operation in Brazil, it is necessary to get an authorization for such activities by the Federal Revenue. In a few words, RADAR is a license that grants access to the SISCOMEX system (Integrated System of External Commerce) within the Federal Revenue.
SISCOMEX is the instrument that integrates registration, follow-up and control of every foreign trade operation through a single computerized flow of information. This system is administrated by the Foreign Trade Secretariat (SECEX), together with the Federal Revenue Secretariat (SRF) and the Central Bank of Brazil (BACEN). Natural or legal persons who are interested in operating in external commerce, whether importing or exporting, may obtain the RADAR license.
What does RADAR applies for?
RADAR license includes importers and exporters in the Siscomex System. With such system, foreign trade operations, customs, accounting and fiscal information of all companies are available at anytime to fiscal auditors working for the IRS.
That way, Siscomex System also guarantees agility in the customs offices and avoids frauds.
Radar accreditation modalities
Radar license has basically four accreditation categories that vary according to the person’s nature and activity:
Simplified Radar: This license is valid for 18 months and it is destined to beginner companies importing fixed assets or exclusively ordering the import with trading companies, as well as natural persons that imported or exported up to US$ 150.000 in a semester.
Ordinary Radar: Companies that operate regularly on external commerce. Issues like the real existence of the company, location, number of employees, equipment used, warehouses, therefore, the volume of its operation depends on social capital, its economic financial ability, and compatibility with stressed information are verified. That is the most complete Radar modality, as it basically permits all operations.
Restricted Radar: For the legal or natural person who have had an operation in external commerce before, exclusively aimed at consulting or at correcting a declaration.
Special Radar: Special Radar is aimed at agencies of the public administration, municipality and public institutions, public agencies, autonomous, international organisms and other extraterritorial institutions.
It is the applicant who chooses in which category will fit in. Once chosen, he will have to respect the limitations and requirements of the chosen modality.
How do I get my RADAR license?
The procedures depend on the Radar license's modality involved. Present in a local Federal Revenue agency with the following documents.
For Simplified Radar
1) License requirement (Attachment I IN SRF 650/06) – one authenticated copy, with notarized signature
2) Constitutive acts of the company and the last two years alterations – one copy of each, all authenticated
3) Simplified certificate from the state Commercial Board – Original and one authenticated copy
4) IPTU Guide of Verification or Rural Territory Property Duty Declaration (DITR) – one authenticated copy
5) Proof of address (dated with the previous month of requirement for protocol) – Original and one authenticated copy
6) Address proof and copies of the ID and CPF of the legal responsible for CNPJ – one authenticated copy of each
7) Password form– two authenticated copies, with notarized signature.
For Ordinary Radar
1) Constitutive acts of the company and the last two years alterations – 01 copy of each, all authenticated
2) Specific Certificate from the state Commercial Board, with a history of all the contractual alterations (maximum of 90 days expedition) – Original and 01 authenticated copy
3) ID and CPF of the legal responsible for the CNPJ – 01 authenticated copy of each
4) ID and CPF of the responsible for the company's accountability – one authenticated copy of each
5) Last operation balance sheet or opening balance and trial balance related to the previous month of protocol, signed by the accountant and by the company's legal responsible – Original of each, in letterhead, with notarized signature
6) Last statement of income signed by the accountant and by the company's legal responsible – Original of each, in letterhead, with notarized signature
7) Proof of payment of capital or capital increase happened in the previous three years from the license request – 01 authenticated copy notarized
8) IPTU Guide of Verification or Rural Territory Property Duty Declaration (DITR) – one authenticated copy
9) Address proof (dated with the previous month of requirement for protocol – Original and one authenticated copy
10) Three last ICMS guides of information and verification (GIA or GIS), presented to the state Fisco – Original or authenticated copy
11) Three last ISS guides of information and verification, presented to the municipal Fisco, or declaration if the company does not pay this tax
12) License requirement (Attachment I IN SRF 650/06) – one authenticated copy, with notarized signature;
13) License requirement (Anexo II - IN SRF 650/06) - one copy each signed and authenticated
14) Attachments I-A, I-B and I-C -one copy each signed and authenticated
15) Password form – two authenticated signed copies
Foreign companies located out of Brazil must have a person or specialized consultancy services to be responsible for those procedures in the country.
Importa Fácil is a logistic alternative from Correios to importers established in Brazil that need to import several objects for their own use or commerce. The value of operations should be between US$ 501,00 and US$ 3.000,00 for natural persons and up to US$ 3000,00 for juridical persons. In this case, there is no need for registering at Siscomex to obtain Radar.
Other Related Content