In Portuguese Additional Airport Tax is named Adicional de Tarifa Aeroportuária and often referred to by the abbreviation ATA.
The ATA tax was introduced to support the improvement, expansion and renovation of Brazilian airports.
The tax rate is 35.9% levied on the following airport taxes:
- Loading fee:for the use of dispatch and loading installations and services at Brazilian airports.
- Landing fee: for the use of the areas and services related to the landing operations of up to three hours after the airplane has landed.
- Permanence fee: for the parking of the aircraft, past the three first hours after the airplane has landed.
- Storage fee: for storage, custody and control of goods in warehouses of air cargo at airports.
- Wharf age fee: for the use of installations and facilities of Brazilian airports.