Graphic companies can only print fiscal documents for companies that requested previous authorization to the State Treasury Offices, which is known as AIDF. In this article, we will explain this process and add other information about it.
What is AIDF?
AIDF stands for Autorização de Impressão de Documentos Fiscais (Authorization for Printing Taxable Documents). This system controls the authorizations for printing tax documents, the use and manufacture of security forms and the provision of seals for the machines that issue fiscal documents, more specifically notas fiscais (invoices). It is a service intended for graphic companies that print fiscal documents for the taxpayers.
The graphic companies will only be allowed to issue the fiscal documents mentioned in the Brazilian law for companies that requested AIDF. The AIDF authorizes taxpayers, to issue fiscal documents, with the concurrence of graphic company responsible for printing the papers. The petitioner can request the AIDF electronically or in paper.
The AIDF is a mandatory procedure requested by the governmetn in order to better monitor the printing of fiscal documents in Brazil. The institution in charge of providing the AIDF are the Treasury Offices (Secretaria Estadual da Receita) of each Brazilian state.
How to get AIDF electronically
As many other taxation procedures the AIDF counts with an online system. Through the e-AIDF, the taxpayers can get authorization to issue fiscal documents from the graphic companies accredited by the system. The institutions that can have access to the electronic AIDF system are:
- The State Treasury Office’s officials authorized by their managements
- Graphic companies accredited by State Treasury Offices
- Fabricants that make the seal of fiscal machines, accredited by the State Treasury Offices
- The ABIGRAF (Brazilian Association of Graphic Industries)
- Municipality’s employees to issue the Nota Fiscal do Produtor.
- Taxpayers from the same state where they access the e-AIDF
In order to obtain AIDF via internet, graphic companies must be registered at the Regional Management of their jurisdiction beforehand. After the registration, the company will receive a password to access the electronic system. The same happens for the other users.
The computer program developed for the AIDF is very simple to use. There are no codes to be typed and the data of the companies are filled automatically by the system, after the user enters the number of his CNPJ and the password given by the Regional Management. The applicant will only have to check if the registered data are updated.
As for the tax documents, the user only have to click in the desired document type and determine the amount and type of printing. The system has information and indicates every step the users have to follow.
How to get AIDF in paper
The AIDF in paper should be used in the following cases:
- Nota Fiscal do Produtor (rural areas)
- Documents printed not under the law, authorized by special arrangement
- AIDF for taxpayers from other states of the Federation
- Security forms
- Other printed fiscal documents not included in the electronic AIDF
- Invoices for transportation services
In order to obtain the AIDF in paper the taxpayers must go to the Tax Office bound to his company and make the request.